|Evan J. Rosky||http://evan.nerdsofparadise.com|
Operating Systems: Linux (primary), Windows, Mac OSX
Graphics Software: Nuke, Maya, Blender, Gimp, Photoshop, Vue, Mari, Cinelerra
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
University of California, Berkeley GPA: 3.54 Upper Div: 3.66
- Physically Based Animation,
- Computer Aided Geometric Design,
- Advanced Digital Animation,
- Advanced Computer Graphics,
- Artificial Intelligence,
- Computer Vision
Department TD, Matte Painting on “How to Train Your Dragon 2”
- Designed and implemented next-gen pipeline for Matte Painting
- Improved Matte Painting integration into the rest of the studio
- Provided support for matte painting artists
- Worked with third-party vendor and wrote wrappers to adopt an external tool
- Improved artist efficiency with increased automation and more-interactive tools
- Implemented tools and workflows to streamline the creation generic characters
- Provided support for surfacing and matte painting artists
Labs Intern in Vision-based Augmented Reality
- Implemented an image recognition and tracking framework and related algorithms
- Implemented vision-based labeling software on Android (native)
Effects Animator on “The Twilight Saga: New Moon”
- Animated wolf fur.
- Created particle systems for ground interaction.
- Wrote scripts to simplify working on simulations.
Undergrad Researchers III for PROTEUS project presentation
- Helped brainstorm visualizations of new technology
- Created models, animations, and effects for an animated project presentation
OTHER ACTIVITIES AND PROJECTS2011-present
NodeScape - An Android app for rapid diagram creation.Fall 2010
Advanced Digital Animation Reader -
Help provide critique and support on Modeling/Rigging/Animation topics.
UCB Undergraduate Graphics Group (UCBUGG) instructional facilitator -
Teach 3D modeling/animation concepts and software usage to undergraduates.
Numeric Skin Weight Assignment -
Maya python API plugin that provides a precise skin weight assignment method.
Discombobulator - Procedural mesh detailing plug-in in python distributed with Blender.2007
Stereo Blender - Real time side-by-side stereo visualization modification to Blender.2005
MatteLab - Blue/green-screen traveling matte java application.